About Me

My photo
Llanberis, North Wales, United Kingdom
Hi, I'm Dave Brown and I'm based in Snowdonia in North Wales. I am a Mountaineering and Kayaking Instructor and Sports Coach. I run personalised courses and sessions for folks looking to improve in their sport or activity. Additionally, I am also available as a Personal Fitness Trainer and Coach or Coaching Buddy. I spend most of my time climbing, mountaineering and paddling with clients and friends and then also training in my own time. In addition, i also conduct Consultancy work, Centre Inspections, Book and Equipment reviews and Technical Advice. I look forward to seeing on the hills, on the water and just generally out there.

Monday 28 June 2010

Springtime Adventures

Mid May saw me renewing my Beach Lifeguard for the 4th time, in my old haunt, Pembrokeshire and passing it too.

Then on return to North Wales it was time to do a quick unpack - repack. This time in readiness for 2 weeks of Scottish Sea Kayaking with Joint Services.
So after a few days warm up and skilling around Ballachulish we headed off to the Outer Hebrides, aiming for a trip from Bara to Lewis.




Upon my return back to North Wales, it was once again a quick turn around on kit as the next stop was Switzerland for some Mountain Biking and Italy for some cragging and Alpine Mountaineering.

After a quick ascent of the Gran Paradiso it was time to head back to Wales again to direct an SPA Assessment for some clients.

Holyhead mountain and Wiley's Crags were the venues for the two days and all clients performed brilliantly and passed.

Last week was spent running a series of Sea Kayak courses for a very keen group of staff from a company based in Lancashire. We got staff through 3 star Sea Kayak, 4 star Sea Kayak Trg, Coastal Navigation and Tidal Planning, and a 4 star Sea Kayak Leader Assessment. The week was blessed with some amazing weather and some nice sections of the Anglesey Coast were paddled.



No comments:

Post a Comment