About Me

My photo
Llanberis, North Wales, United Kingdom
Hi, I'm Dave Brown and I'm based in Snowdonia in North Wales. I am a Mountaineering and Kayaking Instructor and Sports Coach. I run personalised courses and sessions for folks looking to improve in their sport or activity. Additionally, I am also available as a Personal Fitness Trainer and Coach or Coaching Buddy. I spend most of my time climbing, mountaineering and paddling with clients and friends and then also training in my own time. In addition, i also conduct Consultancy work, Centre Inspections, Book and Equipment reviews and Technical Advice. I look forward to seeing on the hills, on the water and just generally out there.

Friday 20 February 2009

UCLAN Winter Skills Course

Wednesday and Thursday saw me working on a Winter skills course for UCLAN with warm forecast! However, even though there was a lot of melting going on there was still enough snow to use for the course skills.
On the Wednesday we headed for the Creag Meagidh nature reserve and the Window to further develop skills and for the students to see another part of Scotland and this week, somewhere quieter and less busy than the Northern Corries at Half Term!








Students in the 'Salt Mines'




The view back through the window


The Thursday saw a return to the Northern Corries for a mixed day of skills continuation, climbing and navigation. The weather was mixed too, with low cloud, snow flurries, damp spells and the odd buffeting windy period just to make it truly scottish. It was busy as expected, with numerous teams lingering at the mountian rescue box, delaying their ascents into the mist! The UCLAN teams got keen and kitted up and headed off into the cloud for the Fiacall Buttress and the Fluted Buttress - The Runnel and Spiral Gully being achieved here.



The Walk in.


Rob belaying Steve in the Runnel



Steve ascending the final chimney pitch of the Runnel





The mountaineers with Ben Macdui in the view behind

Organised Ropework from Rob!!









No comments:

Post a Comment