About Me

My photo
Llanberis, North Wales, United Kingdom
Hi, I'm Dave Brown and I'm based in Snowdonia in North Wales. I am a Mountaineering and Kayaking Instructor and Sports Coach. I run personalised courses and sessions for folks looking to improve in their sport or activity. Additionally, I am also available as a Personal Fitness Trainer and Coach or Coaching Buddy. I spend most of my time climbing, mountaineering and paddling with clients and friends and then also training in my own time. In addition, i also conduct Consultancy work, Centre Inspections, Book and Equipment reviews and Technical Advice. I look forward to seeing on the hills, on the water and just generally out there.

Monday 16 February 2009

Winter Navigation Skills

I have just spent the weekend working at Glenmore Lodge on a Winter Navigation Course on what is possibly the busiest weekend of the year for the Cairngorm Ski area. The group and myself spent Saturday around the locale of the centre putting together the fundamentals of Winter Navigation before our day out on the Cairngorm Mountains the following day.
The Sunday was spent heading out from the Ciste car park, which had in the region of a few hundred folks queueing for the ski bus to the slopes of the Cas. We headed out East and North towards the Glenmore Forest via the hills and valleys in the area practicing the techniques learnt from yesterday. We had a few 'temporary displacements' but moments of being 'lost'!
However, the weather has now resumed its normal state of affairs for Scotland, swinging from Cold and crisp to Mild and Wet with an above the summits thaw having settled in for a few days. Its looking like it might get better towards the weekend though, with colder weather forecast.

No comments:

Post a Comment