About Me

My photo
Llanberis, North Wales, United Kingdom
Hi, I'm Dave Brown and I'm based in Snowdonia in North Wales. I am a Mountaineering and Kayaking Instructor and Sports Coach. I run personalised courses and sessions for folks looking to improve in their sport or activity. Additionally, I am also available as a Personal Fitness Trainer and Coach or Coaching Buddy. I spend most of my time climbing, mountaineering and paddling with clients and friends and then also training in my own time. In addition, i also conduct Consultancy work, Centre Inspections, Book and Equipment reviews and Technical Advice. I look forward to seeing on the hills, on the water and just generally out there.

Friday 5 March 2010

Combat Skiing!

Got back to North Wales last night having just spent the past 5 days out in Chamonix, off piste skiing, touring and Combat Skiing through the trees with Nick and Stu!!
Did a few interesting things like the Combe de al Noire, Italian side of the Valley Blanche from Col de Flambe near Point Helbronner in beautiful blue skies, had a day on the Crouches - Berard Traverse in some poor light and weather conditions that brightened up late afternoon. We also had a day heading off the back of the Brevent towards the Col d'Antere with some interesting skiing back down the Gorge towards Plan Jour.

Nick at Col de Flambe looking towards Point Helbronner.

Looking towards Col d'Antere from Brevent

Below are some photos from Scotland last month.


Carn Mor Dearg Arete and the Ben seen from Aonach Mor

The early morning walk into Creag Meagidh at Sunrise


Paul Leading the first pitch of Ritchie's Gully in Creag Meagidh

Me leading on the NW classic, Emerald Gully on Beinn Dearg

Topping out of Emerald Gully and sorting the ropes, the top of Penguin Gully off to the left

Lots of Snow in Coire an t Snaechda along with not so typical alpine weather!
My van buried after the 36hours of constant snowfall, 6 hours of digging later it was free along with all the other cars in the car park.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Dave,

    sorry to take so long to get back to you.
    Chamonix looked good and the weather seemed a little better than the stuff we had!
    Thanks again for the tips you gave me. Managed to get the missus out for her 2nd winter climbing-ish day out, which she enjoyed. Handy coz I booked those flights to Geneva so I need to do more homework.

    Hope to bump into you again (maybe glenmore again next year, argh).

    cheers

    Tim

    ps more than happy to put a link up if you want :)

    ReplyDelete